Prodigy which is working on education math games for grades 1 - 8 are hiring for a whole whack of jobs, and you can check out some of the gaming specific ones below (clicking on the job title for full information), as well as on their site.
In this job, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating the code for our game and its engine, incorporating performance improvements, adding documentation, and writing good, clean code
- Addressing legacy bugs, and working with our QA department to improve our product
- Create and maintain new game content, including:
- Writing quests, dialogue and level designs for new game areas
- Mini-games and core feature enhancements
Prodigy’s online game has grown from a small-scale application to a widely-used educational MMO, and we need talented artists who can help us mold the game into something bigger and better. As a UI Designer at Prodigy, your focus will be not only on creating new interfaces that appeal to our wide age range, but improve and iterate on existing ones. When developing interfaces, both the visuals and user experience are to be considered, as well as both desktop and mobile environments. While at Prodigy, you will be working alongside like-minded developers, artists and designers as a team to see your designs through to production. The work you do here at Prodigy is not only seen by millions of students, but will aid in the educational advancement of students worldwide. This is your opportunity to improve the visuals and the experience of our awesome product!
As our game continues its explosive growth, we are looking for someone that thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and isn’t afraid of learning on the fly.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Testing our game using manual testing processes
- Identifying bottlenecks and suggesting improvements to our user flows for students
- Improving our testing processes immediately before and after releases
- Constantly looking for ways to improve Prodigy’s game. We have an environment where good ideas win, and your ideas could help shape our product.