WordPlay, the Hand Eye Society's free one-day event looks to celebrate writing in contemporary games. There will be games to play, workshops to attend and you can check out some of the main speakers below. Make sure to check out all of the details here, and RSVP to the free event on their FaceBook page.
Our mainstage program will run continuously with short intermissions in the main atrium, and will include:
- An opening presentation by Interactive Fiction legend Emily Short on why IF matters, and is enjoyable to engage with as a creator.
- A retrospective of the complete works of Christine Love featuring the author herself, in conversation with fellow developer Kara Stone.
- Insights from the development team of Night in the Woods, with a panel-style conversation of the role that text narrative plays in both NitW and Lost Constellation, as well as the collaborative process of bringing those narratives to bear.
- Author Sherwin Tjia will present thoughts on gamebooks, empathy and other topics intersectional to writerly games in concert with the launch of his new book You Are A Kitten!
- The creator of the critically-acclaimed Her Story, Sam Barlow, will be engaged on his past and present work in a unique, Twine-based interview format by developer/critic Kaitlin Tremblay.