Do you eat, sleep and breath mobile games?
Do you want to help launch a ground-breaking game?
Does being part of a small indie developer team excited you?
Guru Arcade is an indie-game developer housed at Guru Studio in Toronto. A small but mighty dev team, Arcade is lucky to draw from the rich pool of artistic talent at the award-winning animation studio they call home.
Guru Arcade is looking for a proven, highly-motivated, social media and marketing wizard to help us launch and gain traction for an upcoming puzzle-adventure mobile game targeting gamers 18-35. This is a part-time four month contract to start with the option to extend.
Title: Social and Community Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
- Build and manage the game’s social media calendar across all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and Tumblr.
- Be at the centre of the game’s launch strategy and work cross functionally with developers and artists to successfully bring the game to market.
- Create fun, shareable content for each platform, including our blog, to help reach and engage our target audience.
- Lead our studio on best practices in community building and the marketing/discoverability of mobile games.
- Create and maintain relationships with social media influencers (YouTubers and Twitch).
- Work closely with our PR partner on press outreach and securing game reviews.
- Must have at least 2-3 years experience in the gaming industry, specifically in mobile games
- Proven track record of managing and successfully growing an online community through social media, blogging and email marketing
- Bonus if you have experience managing UA initiatives across multiple ad networks
- We are a vibrant, state-of-the-art, loft studio in the heart of downtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC, car, and within walking distance of hundreds of cultural landmarks, restaurants, and bars.
- As a company, we believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that inspire and our audiences and which allow us to grow creatively. Our President is also the creative director, a former animator and designer whose vision guides the company’s growth.
- With new projects and opportunities on the rise, Guru encourages only the ambitious persons to apply.
- Building fun is part of our brand, it's time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social and Community Manager in the subject line.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Kindly notify us in advance of your requirements. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.